Chief Security Officer
GLOBAL PAYMENTS DIRECT
As CSO, Stefen directs the application of technologies and procedures utilized in all SecureForce engagements. As the “security expert in residence” Stefen ensures SecureForce is on the leading edge of all cyber security initiatives.
Stefen is a Security Engineer with over ten years of experience, beginning with active duty Navy experience as a systems administrator, a network engineer and, ultimately, an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
Honing his ability to bridge the gap between strategic vision and tactical execution Stefen has focused his career on security engineering to couple people, processes, and technology to address the pain points of his customers. With a well-rounded set of competencies including both technical and non-technical skills Stefen has provided support to DoD, Intelligence and Civilian Federal organizations. Stefen has managed and supported numerous engagements thereby gaining expertise in numerous areas, including:
- Security Engineering and Architecture
- Certification and Accreditation (DITSCAP/DIACAP, NIST SP 800-37, NIACAP, DCID 6/3, DoDIIS)
- Security operations support, including security device operation and maintenance, security event monitoring and analysis, and incident handling
- Network and application security posture assessment
- Incident response plan development
- Enterprise security policy development
- Role-specific security training curriculum development
Stefen received his Bachelors of Science in Information Technology from American Intercontinental University. In his spare time, he enjoys running, Tae Kwon Do, poker and spending time with his family.